Someone asked me yesterday where I see the future of the computer and here was my response….
Where we are heading soon (and some people might be here):
– No more desktop/laptop computers
– All tablet/ipad like devices – these devices would dock into a keyboard/mouse when we type.
– Dock could also include monitors/hdtv for larger screens
– No more desktop as we know it
– No more disks/thumb drives as we know them
– All software, files, etc will be available online in the cloud
-4G+ speeds to high speed internet everywhere
I even believe there won’t be any necessity to convert pdf to html.
Where we are headed in the future:
-No more tablets/pads – phones will replace the need for these
-Phones will project a monitor, keyboard, mouse making it easy to carry our computer everywhere. Thus your computer, all your files, and everything will on one small device that fits into your pocket.
– Monitor quality will always be an issue so there may still be monitors but that depends on how far projector technology advances. If you are interested in buying a projector, check out a list of reviews.
– Phones will control our house, car, and lives – they will act as a remote control. You will be able to change the air conditioner temp from your phone no matter where you are. Turn off the house power from your phone. When you get into your car the phone will tell the car how to adjust your seat, what radio stations you like, etc.
These are some of my ideas where I see technology – hardware that is headed. I still remember a day in 1998 when I told my computer science teacher that someday we would have a portable cell phone that could go on the internet and do email. She laughed at me and said it was impossible. I promise to NEVER be that professor.