Classes I have taught at UNCW (updated 6/2020):
- MIT 570 – Introduction to Esports
- MIT 500- Instructional Design – The entire process from start to finish
- MIT 511 – Intro to multimedia for instructional design
- MIT 515 – Web Teaching: Design and Development – Strategies for teaching online.
- MIT 520 – Project Management – Project Management for Instructional Designers.
- MIT 517 – Games and Simulations in Training – Game theory, design, and development
- MIT 513 – Computer Based Instruction – Design and develop computer and mobile based instruction
- MIT 519 – Computer Interface Design (UX/UI) – Designing interfaces for the monitor and mobile device.
- MIT 502 – Performance Improvement – Front end analysis, change, and how to determine a problem
- MIT 530 – Evaluation – How to conduct a full evaluation
- MIT 531 – Assessment – How to design and develop assessments (questions, reliability, validity, etc.)
- MIT 503 – Intro to Computer Programming – How to program for mobile, computer, and web
- EDN 303 – Instructional Design for Educators – Strategies for implementing technology into K-12 education.
- MIT 470 – Introduction to Esports
How do I teach my courses?
Currently all of my courses are 100% asynchronous online. They all have been reviewed and meet 508/ADA and Quality Matters standards.
Additionally, I have taught hybrid courses, live asynchronous, and face to face. I still teach using these methods from time to time, it varies by semester.
For more information on the esports program, see the following page: https://uncw.edu/ed/esports/
For more information on the instructional technology program, see the following page: http://uncw.edu/ed/mit/
To access my classes (current students only) please go to:
Canvas – https://uncw.instructure.com/login/ldap
Some of the places my students are working:
Booz Allen Hamilton
Bank of America
DST Health Solutions
GAP/Old Navy/Banana Republic Corporate
American Institute for Certified Public Accountants
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
*Many branches of the military and government
*We also have alumni working internationally
Burlington School District VT
New Hanover County Schools
Pender County Schools
Brunswick County Schools
NC State University
University of Louisville
University of VA
Penn State University
North Carolina Virtual Public School
*Many more school districts and universities throughout the US